Friday, April 8, 2016

Matchmaker, Matchmaker, Make Me A Match...

Little did I know I would see images of Fiddler on the Roof  lyrics in my head. However, that is exactly what has been happening. A chunk of my position as 21st Century Learning Coordinator is devoted to meeting with teachers individually to customize their tech integration experience. I find myself feeling more and more like a matchmaking service. It goes something like this:

Teacher: I'm interested in finding a tool that will allow my students to share their writing online, without taking away from the tactile process of writing, and that allows them to comment on their work.
Me: Let's take a look at Pixntell. You might like this app. It's free, easy to use, and shareable.
While not necessarily the same characteristics that one would look for in a mate, in a tech tool resource, these are some fine qualities. 

As a matchmaker, there is the responsibility of continuously searching, searching, searching for the holy grail of tech tools. What will be user friendly, fun to use, and easy to share with the wider world? Bonus points if the tech tool is a content creator. While I often feel like I have a strong handle on the current inventory, every now and then, a tech tool will appear before me and I'll wonder, "where have you been all my life?". 

Matchmaking is fun. Especially when a match results in creating a beautiful relationship that fosters comfort, confidence, excitement, and pride. All without the first date jitters.
Born out of a match between a 4th grade Science Teacher & PixNTell

No comments:

Post a Comment