Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Changing Things Up A Bit


While enjoying our new Innovation and Design Studio where the walls are wide and the ceilings are high, I have often felt it begs for music. Coincidentally, two days before the #blogamonth topic was was shared, I started adding music to my classroom with the 5th graders in the Innovation and Design Studio. Students are in their zone creating video games with Bloxels. Because they are working independently, although collaborating when questions arise, it is an atmosphere ripe for music. The students are creating characters and animating them to be integrated into their larger game. I believe adding music to the classroom is giving the students the motivation to add more rhythm and movement to their characters. Perhaps this is not a conscious effort but I imagine it is seeping into their work at some level. While I respect quiet moments of concentration, the music has provided a soothing element to the classroom experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment